Friday, March 4, 2011

Day 8 - Ring

This is my Grandmother's ring. She passed away in 1990. I have a few of her rings. She was a big fan of rings with cubic zirconia gems and big colorful pendants. I remember going through her jewelry box as a child and thinking she had the neatest necklaces and rings. I've recently started wearing some of the rings. No need for them to stay hidden away in a jewelry box.

This photo was taken this evening with my macro lens. You can see the small focus area. I was as close to the ring as I could possibly get and I had the aperture all the way open. The settings were: f/3.5, 1/100 sec, ISO 800. I wanted to take this photo outside with direct sunlight but by the time I was ready to take the photo, the sun was behind the trees. Maybe I should try it again in a couple of weeks after the time change.

1 comment:

  1. This turned out great. I think sundown might be a cool time to try this again to if you could get some of the sunlight on it. It might make the gold even more gold. Nice capture. :)

    ReplyDelete